The word ‘Mother’ comes with an emotion of unconditional love. So what should a Mother’s Day Recipe be about? ‘Love’, of course! Keeping that in mind, let us enlist a few ingredients that are all about love. I can straight away think of three-Chocolates, Strawberries & Cream! What a delightful combination these three would form! Also, I would love to add some crunch, to add a little fun and interest. Our todays recipe stands for unconditional love with a dash of fun-a perfect treat to present your mom with, this Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Recipe: Chocolate Waffles With Strawberries
5 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate syrup and additional for topping
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whipped cream
1 cup strawberries, each sliced into half
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- In another large bowl whisk eggs, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Now fold in the flour mix into the egg mix spoon by spoon. Now add molten butter to it and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250ºF.
- Pre-heat waffle iron and spray some cooking spray over it.
- Add some batter into the waffle iron, about an inch within the edge. Cook until crisp.
- Repeat to finish the batter.
- Transfer on to a baking sheet and keep it warm in the oven.
- Place the waffles on serving plates. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Now add strawberries, freshly whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Dust with a little bit more confectioners sugar.
Your mom is simply going to love this Mother’s Day Recipe that you will prepare with so much love. I have seen people add sliced bananas to the chocolate waffles and strawberries. That tastes great too. Another variation is to serve along with pancakes. If you are not a big fan of whipped cream then add a dollop of vanilla ice-cream! In this case you can leave out the last sugar dusting. And of course if you want to add some more love, increase the chocolate syrup content. Do share your thoughts on this recipe.
Click here for more Mother’s Day Recipes on Stagetecture!