Entry #2608, July 2, 2013
Planning to host a party for the 4th of July celebration is a fun and exciting task. It may not be easy but with proper planning, everything should be done accordingly. One of the things that you have to prepare is your container garden. This is essential to provide an accent to your venue.
Since the centerpiece is for the 4th of July celebration, it should be something that reflects patriotism or freedom. With this concept, you have to try the patriotic container flowers as your celebration centerpiece. It’s a beautiful centerpiece that will attract attention to your guests.
Image via: Pinterest
Check out this patriotic container flower centerpiece by Southern Living and make it yourself:
- 3 (1-gallon) ‘Sun Parasol Crimson’ mandevillas
- 1 (8-inch) basket ‘Titan White’ Madagascar periwinkle
- 2 (1-quart) ‘Techno Blue’ lobelias
- Drink cooler
- Mini-nugget bark mulch
- Shasta daisy
- Red zinnia
- ‘Techno Blue’ lobelia
- ‘Watermelon’ sun coleus
- ‘Supercascade White’ petunia
- ‘New Wonder’ fanflower
Image via: Southern Living
- Start by watering plants well.
- Fill the cooler with enough mulch to raise pots to the same height as the edge of the cooler.
- Place mandevillas first.
- Add Madagascar periwinkle in front; then tuck in a lobelia on each side.
- Hide the original pots with a layer of mulch, which will help retain moisture.
You can also work on other flower varieties if you want. But the combination of the flowers listed above should give you a perfect patriotic container flower centerpiece for your 4th of July celebration. Also, you can explore other options for your container like any recycled pot or repurposed items. You just have to make sure that the color of your container matches the patriotic theme. Make sure you practice safety precautions in making this project. Use the right gardening tools and appropriate materials only.
For more 4th of July ideas on Stagetecture, click here.