Fueling up for the game day? These tasty super bowl appetizers will have your football fanatics cheering for more. After all, what’s a game day party without food? And the best part? These savory treats are simple but so delicious. Perhaps, the only thing that might divert everyone’s attention from the television is your super bowl menu.
Perfect your Game Day Menu with Super Bowl Appetizers
1. Super Bowl Appetizers: Easy Recipe for Empanadas
Yields: 10 servings
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
6 tablespoons water
2 ½ cups peeled, cored, sliced apples
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces tomato paste
½ cup water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 pound lean steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
Super Bowl Appetizers Directions:
- For the dough: in a mixing bowl, mix flour and salt. Cut in the shortening till the pieces are the size of small peas. Add some water to slightly moisten. Form the dough into a ball. Roll out the dough to approximately 1/8 inch thick and cut into 4 inch circles. Lightly flour both sides of circles.
- For the fruit filling: in a saucepan combine fruit, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg. Heat over medium heat, thoroughly mixing.
- For the meat filling: sauté the onion and green pepper in olive oil in a medium skillet. Add tomato paste, vinegar, water and cook for 20 minutes. Add meat and thoroughly coat with the sauce.
- Place a large spoonful of any one the above mixtures to the center of a dough circle. Place another circle on the top. Fasten the two circles together by pressing the edges using a fork. Now bake them in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C until golden brown.
2. Super Bowl Appetizers Ideas: Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
Super Bowl Appetizers Ingredients:
Yields: 8 servings
12 ounce package cooked chicken sausage links
8 ounce sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the sausages in quarters lengthwise, and then in half crosswise. Cut the puff pastry into 3 inches long strips and 1 inch wide.
- Roll the sausage pieces in the pastry strips and transfer to a parchment line baking sheet. Bake until puffed and golden brown. Serve with mustard for dipping.
These super bowl food recipes are sure to make your party a hit. Simple and satisfying, they are sure to please one and all. Just make sure to whip up some extra batches so that your guests can keep on munching from kickoff to the final. Have more super bowl food ideas to share? Let us know through comments.
For more game day appetizers click here.