Entry #3163, January 1, 2014
After all the preparation, noise and parties, it is for sure time to get some relaxation. There is nothing better to relax than waking up late in the morning and have a nice, hot cup of a delicious white chocolate latte recipe. Here is a recipe from All Recipes that will for sure meet your expectations.
Warm Winter Drink – White Chocolate Latte
Image via: Amelia
Warm Winter Drinks – White Chocolate Latte
Ingredients for two cups
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ cup brewed espresso, hot
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, chopped
Image via: Pinterest
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and the cream and stir over high heat until the mixture gets hot and kind of frothy.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the sugar and the vanilla.
- In a cup, combine the espresso and the chocolate chips and stir until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour half of the mixture into the second cup.
- Top with the milk and stir slightly.
This drink is ideal to take a breath after all the festive activities of the past few weeks. Together with some left over cookies or desserts will make it even more perfect.
If you want, you can add flavors to the latte, like caramel, almond or peppermint. Just use one or two teaspoons of your favorite extract to jazz it up. Another option is to spice your drink up, using wintery, cozy spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and even gingerbread spice mix. One more ingredient you can use for an afternoon or evening hot drink is a little Irish cream liquor or something similar. For decoration, use cinnamon sticks, a little cinnamon or cocoa powder or flakes of white chocolate. And of course you can always top the latte with more whipped cream!
For more drinks and cocktails on Stagetecture, click here.