Do you remember the times when your mom pampered you? The times when you came back from school all tired and worn out, she would keep a glass of fresh lemonade ready for you. A sandwich soon followed and before you would realize she would have already untied your shoelaces, loosened the rubber on your hair and wiped your face clean. So guys, Mother’s Day is around the corner and yes it is PAYBACK time! Well, everything cannot be reciprocated materialistically and certainly not to your mom. So this Mother’s Day, pamper your mother with a foot massage at home and enjoy the big smile on her face.
Wellness: An Aromatic Foot Massage For Your Mom
Image Via: Zliving
First things first…
Here Is What You Will Need
2 tsp massage oil- Castor/Jojoba/Olive
3 to 4 drops essential oil- Lavender/Jasmine/Rose
2 to 3 drops tender coconut oil
2 to 3 drops pure almond oil
Image Via: The Hotel Royale
Image Via: Lera Blog
How To Go About It
- First, you need to mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Use the mixture in one sitting itself.
- Next, find a comfortable chair for your mother, preferably with an arm and foot rest. A recliner would be another great thing to use.
- Now seat yourself comfortably on a low height seating. Place a towel on your lap and ask your mom to extend one foot on to your lap.
- Now pour a couple of drops of the prepared mix onto your hands and rub them throughly. The idea is to let the oils and aroma sink into your hands and warm your hands by the way.
- Now with one foot already on your lap, pour a couple of drops of the oil and start stroking the top of the foot. Use your thumbs to give long,slow and firm strokes. Work all the way from the root of the toes up till the ankle. Repeat about five times. Repeat the strokes on the bottom of the foot. This time go from the heel towards the toes.
- Ask your mom to loosen her feet. Hold the heel of the foot in your hand so that the ankle is throughly supported. Now rotate the foot around the ankle left to right about three to five times.
- With your hand still holding the heel, pull the toes softly yet firmly towards yourself. Actually your fingers should slide through her toes towards you. Do this toe by toe.
- Interlock your fingers with her toes and slide your fingers towards you. Repeat a couple of times.
- Remember to rub in oil into your hands if they run dry.
- Now with the heel still in your hand press the foot forward gently. The trajectory would be an arch. Do this very gently and ask your mom if she is comfortable with the pressure you are using.
- Repeat step 5.
- Repeat steps 5 to 11 on the other foot.
Image Via: Nattacha Canberra
This simple foot massage routine will help improve the blood circulation in your mothers feet and aid in relieving stress. She will feel relaxed and de-stressed. This simple foot massage will also aid in softened the feet that have always been running around for you, without a break. It would be great if your mom could wear light socks after this massage. It will help the oils seep in better and help the oils (especially coconut oil) work out their moisturizing magic. I hope you enjoyed this post and are all set to pamper your mom with a foot massage this Mother’s Day. Do share how you plan to pamper your mom:)
Click here for more Mother’s Day Ideas on Stagetecture.