There are such wonderful ways to prepare for 4th of July. One of them is to make your own front door patriotic burlap wreath to decorate your entrance. Making a DIY wreath is fun and creative and it can save you money as well. A patriotic wreath would also make a wonderful and lasting 4th of July Decor gift for the party host. Just gather the supplies and follow the simple steps to make this beautiful burlap wreath in no time.
4th of July Decor: DIY Patriotic Wreath (Video)
Image via: Etsy – Wreaths Ur Way – Patriotic Burlap Wreath
4th of July Wreath Supplies
Ribbon for hanging the wreath
White stars or other patriotic decoration
Watch the video to see how to weave the wreath
Click here to watch the burlap wreath weaving tutorial: Patriotic Burlap Wreath
- To begin, cut a few 6 inch long pieces out of the flower wire using a wire cutter and set them aside.
- Notice that the wire wreath is made out of sections. You can use those sections as guides for changing the burlap colors depending on the result you are going for. For this tutorial we will fill two continuous sections with blue burlap, and then fill the next section with red burlap and the next with white (or plain) burlap, continuing in this matter until we reach the blue burlap again. You could of course choose a different way to separate the wreath and interchange colors.
- To start weaving the burlap, take the end of the blue burlap ribbon and fold it into half lengthwise. Fold it again in half and wrap a piece of wire around it. Secure the end by using the same wire or a new wire piece. Cut away any excess wire.
- Start from the bottom opening and weave the burlap through the wires of the wreath by pulling it through the openings in order to make loops, just as it is shown in the video. When you have made three loops, turn the wreath over and twist the burlap a couple of times. Now, repeat the weaving process row by row. Whenever you complete a row, push the ribbon to the side so you can add more burlap. When you are done with the two blue ribbon sections, cut the burlap and secure the end with some wire. Proceed to the next section, repeating the process with red and then white (plain) burlap until you complete the wreath. Now you can fluff the loops a little bit with your fingers.
- Continue all the way around the wreath form pushing the loops close together as you go. When the wreath is done, cut the end about 4 inches long and weave it through the wreath form to secure.
- Use the hot glue gun or some wire pieces to add the decorations you have prepared.
It might take you a little bit to perfect the weaving process, but once you begin with it you will soon be able to complete the wreath in a glimpse. Let your imagination guide you and choose some patriotic items to decorate the wreath, like small USA flags, wooden letters that spell USA or other embellishments. Making this wreath for 4th of July Decor will surely add a wonderful patriotic touch to your home.
Looking for more Patriotic Wreath Ideas ? – Visit How To Make a Burlap Wreath!
Image via: Etsy – Twin Angels Wreaths – Wreath with Patriotic Decorations
For more 4th of July Ideas on Stagetecture, click here.