Entry #1716, October 12, 2012
Halloween isn’t far away and kids are excited with all the parties and gatherings that will take place. This calls for fun and enjoyable celebration with friends, relatives and family members. This year – are you still thinking of what to dress your child in? How about a rag doll costume that is easy to make and looks supper cute!?
However, what makes it more interesting are the creepy yet fashionable costumes that people are wearing. It makes the party so interesting even from the start. The creepy and spooky costumes set the mood and help get people in the groove for an unforgettable Halloween party. Just like this homemade rag doll Halloween costume that you can make for the party.
It is so easy to make and requires a little time to complete.
- Yarn – any color you prefer
- Felt strips – 10 x 2 inches
- Embroidery floss
- Hair combs – depends on how many wigs you want
- Cut your yarn into 40 inches or depending on how long you want your wig.
- Bring together your yarn and find the center.
- With the use of felt strips, do a backstitch in smaller sections. Make sure that you are stitching the center part of your wig. Continue this step until the end of the felt strip.
- Flip it over and do the same stitching method starting at the same spot.
- Stitch the comb into the front of the wig.
- Trim the yarn to make it look nice or according to the hair style you want.
You can try it on and see it for yourself. Feel free to add some hair accessories like flower designs or it would be much better if you choose creepy animals like spiders or cockroaches as hair pins. Enjoy!
Images: 1, 2
For more Halloween ideas on Stagetecture, click here.