Entry #1437, August 4, 2012
Whether you are a college student, friend of a college student or a parent, everyone knows that back to school time is officially here for colleges and universities. Creating the perfect dorm room is on everyone’s mind! I remember in college everyone wanted to “hang” in my room because I was the one with colorful bedding, lamps instead of using the awful fluorescent lighting and my room was always clean!
While a cool dorm room is the end result, how do you make a designer dorm room without having to spend a lot of money to do it? Let’s face it, when you go to the store – there are so many choices! Today’s DIY Saturday, learn how to create a color coordinated dorm room without being a designer. Watch a video where two designers use everyday finds found at big box stores to create a gorgeous dorm room.
Then use the Dorm Checklist to find your favorite finds and essentials you will need for college.
You Tube Video – DORM ROOM Room Tour Decorating Ideas
Dorm Room Checklist – Essentials for Study, Relaxing & Sleeping
Don’t forget your dorm room essentials! From your study area to relaxing and sleeping. Your dorm room will now become your home so make it personable, functional and enjoyable to party, study, and sleep in! Here’s a checklist of important dorm room items. Check them off to make sure you are ready for school!
- Desk – Don’t have enough room, get a smaller desk for organization.
- Furniture Risers – Lift up your furniture to get more space!
- Lounging Bean Bags – Have a place for all your friends to hang out and sit!
- Desk Lamp – Dorm rooms don’t usually come with desk lights.
- Docking Station
- Book Light – Don’t wake up your roommate while studying late at night.
- Extension Cord
RELAX – SLEEP
- Bed Linen (Twin) – Dorm Room in a Box (Comforter, Sheets, Pillowcases, Pillows, Towels all in one)
- Bed linen (Twin) – (Comforter, Sheets, Pillowcase)
- Bed Risers
- TV Mount – Save space and mount your tv to the wall
- Lounge Chair
- Wall Clock
- Alarm Clock/iPod dock – Wake up on time for those early classes
DORM ROOM DECOR
- String lights – Make your dorm room look cool!
- Room Divider – Keep your privacy and still make your room look great.
- Magnetic Bulletin Board – Keep all your papers in one spot to keep organized
- Area Rug – Dress up your concrete dorm room floor with a warm rug
- Full length mirror – Make sure you look great everyday with an easy wall mountable full length mirror
For more dorm room ideas on Stagetecture, click here.
Want more cool dorm room ideas? Click here to visit www.DormCo.com