Are your spring flowers in full bloom? How about showing them off with stenciled jar vases? You don’t have to buy new vases as you can brighten up your old jars. Stenciled jar vases with flowers scream spring and are easy to create. They make beautiful fall decorations and look good on an indoor shelf or outdoors on the front porch. Who knew that a little paint could transform an old jar into a work of art? If you don’t believe us, try this easy DIY craft.
Easy DIY Craft: Stenciled Jar Vases
Image via: Joann Fabrics
You’ll love the vases so much you won’t know where to place them. To make these DIY jars, follow these simple steps.
Image via: Please Note Paper
Watch a Video – DIY Stenciled Jar Vases
Link to Video: How to make stenciled jar vases
Things You’ll Need
- Chalk paint
- Craft paint
- Mason jars
- Sponge brush
- Flowers (natural or artificial)
- Use the sponge brush to apply the chalk paint on all the jars. Leave the jars to dry for about 2-3 hours or overnight.
- If you want the jars to have a distressed/antique look, sand them after they dry.
- Tape the stencils to the jars and paint them with acrylic paint in a different color from the chalk paint. You can use your favorite color.
- Add fresh flowers and you are good to go.
Image via: Gleam It Up
You can use real flowers and put water in the vases or use artificial ones. The great thing about this DIY craft is that you don’t have to have a green thumb for a wonderful outcome. The vases are a perfect update for spring. Needless to say, you will love how they will turn out. They will look stunning in your home and add fresh appeal. All your guests will love them and ask you for the DIY tips. If you are in a rush, you can use spray paint because it dries quickly. It also has a lovely sheen that is hard to achieve with other types of paint.
Where would you place your stenciled jar vases?
Do you have any DIY fall crafts to share? We have plenty on Stagetecture.