Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central
Can it be any hotter? I don’t know about where you are located, but here in Jacksonville, Florida we are already in the mid 90’s with 80% humidity… we need summer fresh fruit recipes continuously. 🙂 HA HA! Fortunately Florida is known for its fresh fruit that taste like they’re straight from the local farmers market. A few weeks ago I introduced you to Fresh From Florida ‘s summer fruits and vegetables that are perfect for family meals, bbq, and entertaining events. I’m excited to pair with them again to make a delicious and quenching Watermelon Fizz recipe from the Fresh From Florida website. Every summer watermelon is a staple fruit around our house and I enjoyed finding a new way to use Florida watermelons in a delicious drink.
Florida Watermelon Fizz Recipe
All Images via: ©Stagetecture.com
Makes 4 servings
Watermelon Fizz Ingredients:
5 cups Florida watermelon – seed and cubed
2 cups sparkling water – I found a lemon flavored one!
Florida honey to sweeten as you’d like
1 lemon – juiced and seeds removed
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish or you can add a few to the blender
Fresh Fruit Drink Directions:
1. In a blender combine cubed watermelon, honey and lemon juice. Liquefy and blend the mixture until smooth.
2. Pour watermelon mixture through a fine sieve to strain. (I accidentally used to large of holes sieve and some of my mixture went right through! – use a small holed sieve.
3. Fill 4 glasses with ice. If you’re planning a party I think pretty sugar crystals around the rim would be a nice touch. In a small plate use a small amount of lemon juice and dip the rim in juice, and then a plate of fine colored sugar crystals to make the crystals stick.
4. Pour the strained juice over the ice in all 4 glasses.
5. Pour the sparkling water over the juice and stir once.
6. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
More Farm Fresh Recipes Using Watermelon:
Now that you see what a delicious watermelon recipe I made, what watermelon recipes from the Fresh From Florida website will you try? Here are more watermelon recipes we think you’ll love:
- Florida Watermelon Salad with Blueberries
- Florida Watermelon Slices with Balsamic Syrup Mint Oil and Feta Cheese
We’d love to hear how you plan on incorporating Fresh From Florida produce into your summer recipes. We have a link to two yummy recipes in our previous Fresh From Florida Recipes post here.