Healthy dinner ideas are not always easy to make without requiring a lot of preparation, or a high price tag. Especially on a busy week day time for getting all the ingredients and cooking them is often a demanding task. But there is so much to gain when we choose to cook healthy, since our body and spirit will always reflect the fuel/food we provide them, not to forget that healthy can be tasty at the same time. So if you want to live a little healthier, try finding easy, healthy dinner ideas and recipes, like the one we suggest here, and incorporate as many fresh and vitamin-rich ingredients that you can.
How to Make Healthy Dinner Ideas
Healthy Meal Ideas
For healthy meals, try to use as many fresh and unprocessed ingredients that you can to make a healthy dinner. It’s a fact that the bigger shelf life a product has, the more possible it is that it has a lot of preservatives, salt and/or sugar in it and that it provides only little nutritional benefits. So, let it become a habit to spend more time at the fresh produce department of your grocery store, than before a shelf with long lasting food in boxes or cans. When you don’t want to buy fresh food because you are afraid it will get spoiled sooner than you can consume them, think about getting some frozen vegetables or other types of food, but it is better to skip the pre-made frozen meals since they often contain unwanted ingredients.
Try these Healthy dinner ideas from Better Homes and Gardens.
How to Make Healthy Dinner Ideas: Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe
4 breast halves (without bones and skins)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 times 1/3 cup butter
2 lemons, sliced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Cooked rice or green veggies to complete the meal
My Recipes features these yummy Lemon Chicken Skillet recipe and other Healthy Food Recipes
- To make this easy meal, wrap loosely each chicken breast in plastic wrap. With your hand, pound it lightly so it becomes about ¼ inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon pepper, ground ginger, salt and flour.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the wrap and coat them with the flour mixture. Shake of any excess flour.
- Take a 12 inch skillet and add 1/3 cup butter to it. When the butter gets hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat, until the meat is golden brown and not pink any more.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and carefully wipe of the butter.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup butter to the skillet and let it get hot. Add the lemon slices and cook them for 2 or 3 minutes, turning them one time, until they get lightly brown. Place the cooked chicken breasts again into the skillet. Add the lemon juice and let everything cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and lemon slices along with cooked rice or veggies and drizzle the juices from the skillet over it.
Healthy lunch ideas:
Every meal of the day is important, so keeping lunch as healthy as possible is essential for having a good life quality. Again, the key is to use fresh, unprocessed goods as much as possible. Try to keep sauces like ketchup, BBQ sauces etc. limited and use yoghurt or cream cheese based dressings instead. Choosing whole wheat sandwich bread is also a great way to keep your lunch healthier.
Healthy food recipes:
Another important aspect to keep in mind is to choose recipes that use healthy ingredients, since that will most probably lead to making a healthy meal as well. But look at the cooking techniques used as well; steaming is always healthier than boiling, and cooking in an oven is often times better than frying. Another vital thing to keep in mind is to look at the fat the recipe calls for; high quality vegetable oils are always to be preferred, especially if used raw and organic butter is definitely better than margarines. Just try to keep the quantities you use in a logical range.
Easy and healthy recipes:
Many think that cooking healthy is more complicated or time consuming, but that is not true at all. Cooking healthy is likely to be quicker, since preserving the vitamins mostly calls for reduced cooking times or even consuming most fresh produce uncooked.
Take small steps on your way to cook and eat healthier. Next time you walk into your grocery store, try to buy more from the fresh produce department and incorporate a few fresh ingredients into your cooking procedure. If you continue to do so and use healthy dinner ideas, you will be on your way for a better, healthier life style before you know it.
Try these favorite healthy dinner ideas tonight!