Halloween is the perfect time to entertain and throw a party or just have a few friends over for drinks. This Halloween why not add some whimsy to your entertaining? Making crafts are fun, especially when it is done for a freakishly funny occasion like Halloween. It is a perfect occasion for making some freaky decorating items to transform the home into a haunted house. An easy DIY craft idea is to use tiny witch hats instead of usual bottle toppers to bring an eerie feeling at the dinner party. Check out how you can make this funny, spooky Halloween craft:
Halloween Craft: Witch Hat Wine Bottle Toppers
Image via: Pottery Barn
What You’ll Need
Card stock (black or any color)
How to Make
- Cut circles according to the size you need (usually 2-1/2 inches) from black card stock.
- Attach the paper circle between two pieces of black burlap with hot glue. Trim the burlap to give a round shape.
- Fold another burlap piece into cone shape (3 inches of size) and apply hot glue on the edge to secure. Give the cone a circle shape with the use of glue.
- Affix a piece of white twine around the cone base with hot glue.
- Your witch hat is ready! Glue it to the bottle cork and decorate your Halloween dinner table with witch hat-topped bottles.
Image via: Etsy
These tiny toppers are super easy to make. The making procedure is fun and kid-friendly. In addition, they can be used for more than just bottle toppers! Just insert a straw in the middle of each of them and they will be ready to be used as drink stirrers or cupcake toppers! Enjoy your next Halloween party with this easy DIY Halloween craft.
Can you think of any other uses for these witch hat toppers?
For more Halloween DIY ideas on Stagetecture, click here.