This post brought to you by Lennox®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Stagetecture.
Have you started your fall and winter home maintenance checklist yet? Before the weather gets bitterly cold and you don’t want to be outside you should make a checklist of home maintenance tasks.
Living in Florida we don’t worry about the heat working as much as we do the air conditioner. While most northerners need to be concerned with their unit operating to heat their homes, we are constantly making sure we put ½ cup of vinegar into the condensation tube in our unit every few months. This keeps the line clean and prevents mold and other bacteria to grow in the unit.
If you remember this past fall, I paired with Lennox® to bring you Summer Energy Savings and now I’m helping them share their Lennox® fall promotion
for the colder weather. Soon, you will be turning on your heaters and ensuring your HVAC system is operating at maximum capacity is essential.
Fall and Winter Home Maintenance Checklist with Lennox®
Outdoor Home Maintenance Checklist Items:
The key to keeping your home warm this fall and winter is to check all of your outdoor systems before the weather is unbearable:
- Clean your chimney and vents or hire a professional chimney sweep
- Inspect your roof’s gutters, downspouts, shingles for repairs needed
- Drain and winterize your exterior plumbing
- Cut back large trees and shrubs that can hinder view or are hanging limbs that can break off due to snow load over your roof or garage area
- Inspect your foundation and bricks for cracks around your exterior home
HVAC System Maintenance Checklist items:
Lennox® has some great tips to ensure your system is ready for the cold. Your HVAC system performance will be enhanced if your unit and the entire system is performing at its best. Try these tips:
- Replace the HVAC unit air filter every 3 months. A dirty filter will make your unit have to work harder and in turn raise your energy bill.
- Look for moisture on your windows for signs of your HVAC unit not working properly
- Turn on your unit and listen for any strange or unusual sounds such as banging, whistling or rattling.
Home maintenance tips for a more efficient HVAC system:
If your system is old and you need a new system now is the right time to find out more information. The Ultimate Comfort System™ from Lennox® is one of the most efficient HVAC systems on the market and is made up of the following features:
- Control different temperatures in separate parts of your home with the iHarmony® zoning feature.
- The WI-FI touch screen thermostat lets you use smart technology to adjust settings with the iComfort® S30.
- The XC/XP 25 Air Conditioner/Heat Pump runs quiet and efficiently so you have fewer distractions with a better HVAC system.
You can receive up to $1,600 in rebates on qualifying Lennox® home comfort systems. See further details here and where you can find a dealer in your area here.
This season prepare your home now before the weather gets too cold! Check out the Lennox® Facebook page for more tips throughout the season.
Leave a Reply