Looking to make the holiday season extra special for your kids? Make this kids dessert. It is sure to draw the oohs and aahs from both adults and children. For some festive fun, ask your kids to join in. They will enjoy making the cupcakes and eating them as well. The cakes are shaped like Christmas trees hence their unique name. They also make great decorations for your holiday table. None of your guests will be able to resist them.
Kids Dessert: Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 200g of unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 2½ cups of self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp of food coloring (choose your favorite color)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- 3 cups of vanilla frosting
- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- Colored ball sprinkles (edible)
- Pastry bag
- Star-shaped pastry tip
- Preheat your oven to 180ᵒ. Line a muffin pan with paper cases.
- Put the butter, sugar, vanilla in an electric mixer and beat them until they form a fluffy and light mixture. Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Put the mixture in a large bowl and stir in half the flour and milk. Add the remaining flour and milk and keep stirring until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Put the mixture in the paper cases in the muffin pan. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Leave the cupcakes in the pan for 2 minuttes then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Slice the tops of the cakes to create flat surfaces. Add a small amount of frosting to form a base for the sugar cone trees.
- Add the food coloring to the frosting.
- Apply a small layer of frosting to the outer part of the sugar cones.
- Put the star-shaped pastry tip on the pastry bag
- Put the leftover frosting in the pastry bag.
- Place the sugar cones on top of the cupcakes then make leaf-like patterns on them using the pastry tip. Embellish the trees with the decorative sprinkles and dust with the sugar.
If you’ve been looking for something to keep your kids occupied this holiday season, look no further than this kids dessert. Your kids will love it so much they’ll keep asking for it long after the holiday season is over. For a perfect look, frost the cupcakes just before you serve them. You can refrigerate the frosting for a while before piping to make sure it maintains its shape.
What Christmas dessert will you make this holiday season?