Sundays are holidays for everyone, be it grown ups or kids. And if these Sundays happen to fall in the summer vacations, it is just double laze! Grown ups like kids need such Sundays to relax and revitalize and duly so! But Sundays also come with an overall increased appetite and constant need to eat since there is nothing else one wants to do. Lazy Sunday meals fit the bill aptly. Our today’s recipe is a Lazy Sunday drink that gets ready in no time and leaves you feeling fresh and energetic.
Lazy Sunday Drink: Spiced Iced Coffee Recipe
Image Via: Kitchen Treaty
1 cup condensed milk, sweetened
5 cups water
1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur, if kids are not a party to this treat
1/4 cup instant coffee
2-1/2” stick of fresh ginger
3” stick of cinnamon
4 to 5 cloves
Image Via: Food Plus Words
- Boil the water and coarsely crush the ginger with the edge of the knife.
- In a heat resistant glass jug, pour in the water along with the coffee granules, cinnamon stick, ginger, and cloves. Let the contents cool completely.
- Once the contents are cool, strain the mixture using a sieve. You can discard the used spices.
- Now in the sieved contents, pour in condensed milk. Stir properly. You can even use blender.
- Add crushed ice to serving glasses and pour over the spiced cold coffee.
- Serve the kids and add top your glass with some liqueur.
- Enjoy the cold coffee !
The liqueur is a complete no for kids, so do bear it in mind. This cold coffee recipe is very refreshing and comes with a nice flavor of spices. The spices do make a good show here but the coffee truly is an offbeat version of the classic cold coffee. The spices offer a nice twist and give this lazy Sunday drink a nice revamp, something that will complement the summers very well. Do share with us your views on this recipe and do let us know if you would like to add or subtract a few spices!
Click here for more Sunday Drink Recipes on Stagetecture!