Are you planning to host or join a Memorial Day barbecue or party? How about stirring up some punch to offer to your guests or hosts? A mixture of rum and hibiscus tea can be an awesome Memorial Day cocktail that is thirst-quenching but light in alcohol.
Memorial Day Cocktail – Rum Hibiscus
Image via: Bunky Cooks
Makes nearly 1 and ½ quarts, serves 6
• Brewed hibiscus tea (4 and ½ cups, cooled)
• Simple syrup (4 tablespoons)
• Club soda (1/2 cup, chilled)
• Old rum (1 cup)
• Lemon juice (1/2 cup)
• Loosely packed mint leaves (1 cup)
• 6 mint sprigs
To Make the Syrup
Pour 1-cup water and 1-cup sugar in a small saucepan. Set the heat at medium level and stir the mixture continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Cool it before using. You can preserve it in the refrigerator in a sealed container for maximum 5 days.
• Take a lidded pitcher and place mint leaves on the bottom of it. Pour simple syrup on the mint leaves.
• Add cooled hibiscus tea, rum, and lemon juice to the pitcher. Stir after adding 1-cup ice and cover it.
• Keep in the refrigerator for maximum 6 hours.
• Add club soda and garnish with mint sprigs at the time of serving.
• If you do not have time to keep it in the refrigerator for so long, serve it in ice-filled serving glasses.
Depending on your taste, you can add more lemon and rum to this drink. This Memorial Day cocktail is light and invigorating. It will quench your thirst and keep you refreshed in a hot summer day.
Image via: Night Club
Whether you are up for a picnic in the park or a romantic dinner in the backyard, this cocktail will surely be entertaining. It will make the occasion just a little more festive.
For more drinks and cocktails on Stagetecture, click here.