It is the middle of winter and bitter cold has overwhelmed most parts of the country. To fight this chilly weather, you need something spicy and hot that will leave you feeling warm and cozy. Black Bean Chipolte Chili Recipe is a perfect slow cooker recipe. You can tuck it into your slow cooker in the morning to get it served warm at the dinner.
Slow Cooker Recipe: Black Bean Chipotle Chili
Image via: Sunny Vegan
Serves 6 people
• Ground pork, bulk pork sausage, ground beef, and uncooked bulk turkey sausage/uncooked ground turkey (½ pounds)
• Chunky salsa (1 jar of 16-ounce)
• Chicken or beef broth (2 cans of 14-ounce)
• 2 finely chopped canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
• Ground cumin (1 teaspoon)
• Crushed dried oregano (1 teaspoon)
• Chili powder (2 teaspoons)
• Diced hash brown potatoes with peppers and onions (2 cups)
• Washed and drained golden hominy (1 can of 15-ounce)
• Washed and drained black beans (1 can of 15-ounce)
Image via: Andrew Zimmern
• Take a large frying pan and cook ground beef on it until the meat color becomes brown.
• Drain off the fat and take the meat in a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour broth and salsa and add chipotle peppers, potatoes, hominy, cumin, oregano, and chili powder into the cooker. Stir the meat into these ingredients.
• Cook the meat for 7-8 hours by setting the cooker at low heat. You can complete the cooking within 3.5-4 hours too by setting the cooker at high heat.
Leave out the meat if you are a vegetarian. Depending on your taste, you can add cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped avocado as toppings and serve with tortilla chips. What would you serve with your healthy slow cooker recipe?
For more easy meals on Stagetecture, click here.