Looking for a way to show off your patriotism? Look no further than this Memorial Day craft. It is perfect for the day and will transform your home’s façade. The best thing about it is that it is simple to make and you’ll enjoy the process. Even if you aren’t the world’s craftiest person, you’ll enjoy making this craft. So, get your tools and start making it.
Memorial Day Craft: Paper Flower Wreath
Image via: Put it on the grits
- Floral wire
- Fabric strips (for wrapping the wreath)
- 6 packets of red, blue, and white tissue paper (with 8 sheets each)
- Styrofoam wreath (get one with a flat top and bottom)
- Patriotic ribbon
- Wrap the wreath with the fabric strips and hold them in place with the pins.
- Take a packet of tissue paper and fold each tissue accordion-style starting along the short end (make approximately 1.5-2 inch folds).
- If you want to make big flowers, cut the tissue in half; for small flowers, cut it twice. Keep in mind that the smaller flowers are harder to make with many sheets, they need tissues with 6 sheets or less.
- Wrap the floral wire around the middle part of the tissues.
- Use the scissors to round off the tissue ends.
- Fan out both ends of the tissue and lift one sheet at a time. Do this carefully to avoid damaging the tissue.
- Continue lifting the sheets until you have a pretty flower.
- Repeat this process to make the other tissue paper flowers.
- Once you’ve made blue, red, and white flowers, arrange them on the wreath to see how they will look. This is important because you can’t move the flowers after attaching them with glue.
- Apply glue on the wreath and hold each flower in place until it sticks.
- Pin the ribbon to the back of the wreath.
Image via: Goods Home Design
Memorial Day honors those who lost their lives in the line of duty. It reminds us how much we have to be thankful for. As you celebrate the day this year, do something different. Try making this Memorial Day craft with your kids. Kids have a lot of time on their hands during summer break and what better way to keep them busy than by making this craft? They will have fun and you will be thankful for their help.
Which craft are you making this Memorial Day?