The best part about summers is the amazing variety of fruits it begets. It’s very interesting how we can use these fruits in food and drink recipes other than having them plain raw. Fruits add a very interesting zing to certain recipes, especially cocktails. I say so because their natural sweetness balances the bitterness of alcohol really well. Cocktails that include fruits are usually a big hit with the crowds as people usually prefer ‘bitter-sweet’ to ‘bitter-bitter’ or ‘sweet-sweet’ 😉 A summer fruit that is very refreshing is watermelon. Its light, tasteful and completely hydrated with water. So let us use it up with gin and create a magical summer cocktail that will turn your evenings cheery and talkative.
Summer Cocktail : Watermelon Gin Spritzer
Image Via: Food Gawker
100 g watermelon, deseeded
2 large limes
2 tbsp gin
Mint leaves for garnish
- Take the seeds out of the watermelon and cube it into bite-sized chunks. You can use crushed watermelon too.
- Cut the 2 large limes into 16 wedges.
- Squeeze two wedges of lime each into eight glasses.
- You can even drop into lime flesh remnants in the cocktail glasses.
- Now equally divide the watermelon chunks into each glass.
- Add about 2 ice cubes into each glass.
- Now pour about 2 tbsp gin into each glass and top it up with tonic water.
- You can garnish this summer cocktail with fresh sprigs of mint or just mint leaves.
Image Via: Tablespoon
The Watermelon Gin Spritzer cocktail is a perfect alfresco drink and be rest assured about the compliments that are going to follow. You can use crushed watermelon instead of chunks in this summer cocktail. The taste will differ but the essence remains the same. If the mood and occasion permits you can even add 3 tbsp gin in each glass instead of 2. For the garnish you may use watermelon wedges or lime wedges in addition to the mint leaves. Do share what you think of this summer cocktail recipe and share any interesting twists that you can think of.
Click here for more Summer Drink Ideas on Stagetecture!