Mother’s Day is almost here and what better way to celebrate your mum than to make her this Mother’s Day kids craft? After all she’s given you, it’s time to show her your love and gratitude with an outstanding gift! A personalized candle holder is a thoughtful gift any mother would be proud to have. It shows your mum how much you care. Wrap the gift well and give it to her along with flowers and a card. Needless to say, she’ll be impressed! Here’s how to make the craft.
Mother’s Day Kids Craft – Photo Candle Holder
Image via: Flipo Wholesale
Things You’ll Need
- A small glass jar or a 4-sided glass container
- Modge Podge
- Votive Candle
- 4 of your best photos
- Place your glass jar on a flat surface.
- Take out the pictures and cut them with the scissors. They should be small enough to fit the 4 sides of the jar. You can also make them the same shape as the sides.
- As you cut the pictures, keep measuring them against the sides to ensure they fit.
- Brush some modge podge over the top part of each picture. Don’t worry if it looks fuzzy, it will be completely clear when it dries.
- Press one picture onto the inner side of the glass jar. Use your fingers to smooth it out.
- Repeat the process for the other three pictures till all the sides of the jar are covered.
- Once the pictures are dry, fill the jar halfway with sand. The sand will provide a stable surface for the candle.
- Place your candle on top of the sand and light it.
Image via: Not on the High Street
Mothers are wonderful human beings who should be celebrated at every given opportunity. Thankfully, there is one day in a year that recognizes them. Make your mum this special gift and she’ll cherish it for years to come. Mother’s Day is all about celebrating the amazing woman who has given you so much and this Mother’s Day kids craft will help you do just that. The best thing about the craft is that many kids can make it so make sure each of your children makes one.
Will you be making this present for your Mother? Need ideas, see Stagetecture Mother’s Day Gift Ideas here.