Sometimes, it can be frustrating trying to find a suitable Mother’s Day gift. However, mothers always appreciate simple gifts that come from the heart. You can make this simple present for your mom. It is affordable, easy to make and specially designed for her.
Mother’s Day Craft: Customized Photo Flower Pot
Image via: TJ Prod Media
Mother’s Day Craft Materials:
Flowers (your mom’s favorite)
Flower pot – we love these colorful flower pots!
Quality black and white photos
A laser printer
Mothers Day Craft Directions:
- If you bought the flowerpot with any tags or stickers, remove them. Clean the flower pot and remove any item on its surface. Give it some time to dry.
- After the flower pot has dried, paint it with the white acrylic paint. Give it time to dry. Add 2 more coats of paint ensuring the paint dries completely between each coat.
- Print some photos of you in your childhood. You can scan old photos and print them using a laser printer. Digital photos of you when you were younger are likely to produce better printouts. Make sure you use a laser printer to avoid smudged images.
- After you print the images, you can now stick them onto the flower pot. Trim and cut any unwanted parts of the images. Apply the glue at the back of the images. Focus on applying the glue evenly across all of the edges. Let the glue dry.
- Once the adhesive has dried, apply another coat at the back. If you do this, it will prevent the glue from peeling off.
- Also apply the glue to the sides of the flower pot. This area may be problematic if it comes into contact with moisture. Make sure the section is dry before applying any glue to it.
- Affix the pictures onto the sides.
- Place the flowers into the flowerpot. Make a point of getting your mom’s favorite flowers. Tie the ribbon around the flower pot. The gift is now complete and ready for presentation.
Image via: CMG Digital
You can improvise most of the items on this list such as the ribbon, the scissors and even the base. However, to make the best Mother’s Day gift, use quality materials such as quality laser printouts and a new flower pot and base. If you don’t have a printer, you can get quality printouts from your local grocery or photo kiosk.
Here are some more photo craft ideas to give Mom for a gift.