Entry #3207, January 19, 2014
Salted caramel cupcakes are not your everyday, ordinary cupcakes. They are fancy and so delicious you can’t even imagine. Just go on and make them and see for yourself! This recipe is using almond extract to give the cupcakes a fine almond flavor which works wonderful with the salted caramel. If you don’t want this flavor though, just omit it and double the amount of vanilla extract.
Scrumptious Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Image via: Pinterest
For the cupcakes
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup sugar
¼ cup softened margarine
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
¼ cup and 2 tablespoon whole milk
For the frosting
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup margarine
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup heavy cream
½ pinch salt
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons salted, softened butter
1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
Image via: Baking Mad
- To make this delicious cupcakes preheat your oven to about 350 degrees. Line your muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. Using a mixer, mix the sugar and ¼ cup margarine until the mixture is creamy and well combined. Add the egg and beat well. Add the aroma almond and the vanilla extract and mix. Now beat in a little at a time the flour mixture and the milk, alternating between these two ingredients.
- Fill the liners with the batter, so they are about 2/3 full. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool.
- Now it’s time to make the caramel. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, ¼ cup of margarine, the corn syrup and the vanilla extract over medium heat. Bring it to a boil. Now reduce the heat and let it thicken, which should take about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool down so it’s not hot. Now add the cream a little at a time until you have a caramel that resembles the consistency of the honey. Add the salt and stir. Allow to cool. If you want, set aside 1-2 tablespoons of the caramel for decorating.
- For the frosting, beat the salted butter together with the confectioners’ sugar with a mixer until you have a fluffy frosting. Add the caramel slowly little by little and mix until you have a smooth frosting.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and drizzle some of the set aside caramel. You can decorate with sea salt or almond slices. Enjoy!
Image via: Pass The Sushi
This recipe from allrecipes.com is the ultimate fancy yet easy cupcake recipe. They would be great for any occasion and of course they are just perfect to have besides a warm cup of coffee or tea in this time of year! Let us know how you love this Scrumptious Salted Caramel Cupcakes Recipe.
For more desserts on Stagetecture, click here.