Want to show your love for nature to all and sundry? Why not try this simple DIY project? It is a great way to recycle your old wine corks. The planters are easy to make and only require a few supplies. If you have many wine corks, you can make as many planters as you want. If you don’t, don’t worry. Next time you pop open a wine bottle, don’t throw away the cork. Use these step-by-step instructions to make a cork planter.
Simple DIY Project: Cork Planters Craft Idea
Image via: Upcycle That
Things You Will Need
- Wine corks
- Hot glue gun
- Organic soil
- Paring knife
- Miniature shoot-offs of your favorite plants
- Straw or eye dropper
- Use the screwdriver to punch a hole in the middle of each cork.
- Place the paring knife in the holes and wiggle it around to carve out larger holes in the interior of each cork. Leave the bottom part intact. Use a little force as you may split the corks if you use too much. Your hole should go approximately halfway down each cork.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the magnets to the back of each cork. Try to use small magnets which aren’t visible from the front.
- Put the soil in the corks using the teaspoon. Make small holes in the middle of the soil with the toothpick. This is where the plants’ roots will go.
- Put the plants inside the corks and add soil to cover the roots. Make sure the roots are completely covered.
- Hang your magnetic cork planters on the refrigerator or any other place of your choice.
- Water them regularly with a straw or an eye dropper.
Image via: Popsugar Assets
Just like its title, this simple DIY project is super easy. The cork planters make amazing fridge magnets and will have everyone wondering how you made them. If you are a recycling enthusiast, you’ll love the fact that you don’t have to throw away your wine corks anymore. You can also give the planters as gifts. Make them for your loved ones who love plants and wine.
What crafts are you currently working on?