Spring is the time to refurbish your home so that the interiors can also catch the joyous spirit permeating the nature outside. A few quick but transformative spring DIY projects will be enough for your home to make it ready for the rest of the season.
Spring DIY: How to Add Decorative Fringe to Upholstery
Image via: homelife.com.au
Trims are slowly shaking off their traditional reputation and making their way into the modern interior schemes. You can give the upholstery pieces of your home a new look with just a few yards of fringe and a little glue. The plus points of this DIY project are – it requires less time and skill.
Things You Need
• Bullion fringe (the length should be 6-inch more than the length of the upholstery)
• Fabric glue
• Fabric pins
Image via: Ethan Allen
How to Do
Bullion fringe is a decorative trim made with twists of thread.
• Cut the fringe at a certain length so it fits the upholstery piece that you are going to do a makeover. For example, if you are going to trim around your ottoman, the fringe length should be enough to go around once plus 6 inches.
• Apply glue to the back of the trim and secure it to the bottom edge of the upholstered furniture. Start by tacking it on an unnoticeable place like the back of the furniture piece. When the glue is wet, keep the fringe in place with the help of a few fabric pins.
• When the entire upholstery is trimmed with fringe, cut off the extra part. Fold the edge of the trim and glue it in place.
• Remove the pins when the glue is set.
Image via: One Kings Lane
Bullion fringe is available in various color, thicknesses, and lengths. So, it will not be difficult to find the right Bullion fringe for the various upholstery pieces of your home. This simple spring DIY project will be very handy in adding a bit of drama to a simple chair, sofa, chaise lounge, upholstered bench, ottoman, and even tablecloth.
For more DIY ideas on Stagetecture, click here.