Entry #2284, April 10, 2013
Whether it’s for snacks or desserts, Piña Colada Icebox Pie recipe is a great option. It is an easy to bake recipe that the whole family will surely love. This pie is amazingly delicious and aromatic. So, get your kitchen ready for a sweet and sumptuous bite of the Piña Colada Icebox Pie. Thank you My Recipes for this great recipe.
Spring Piña Colada Icebox Pie
- 2 cups pecan shortbread cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cream of coconut, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Garnishes: lightly toasted shaved coconut, pineapple wedges, fresh pineapple mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan; stir in pineapple. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook (keep stirring!) 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup cream of coconut, beating at low speed just until blended. (Chill remaining 1/2 cup cream of coconut until ready to use.) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Spread cooled pineapple mixture over bottom of piecrust; spoon cream cheese mixture over pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 38 to 42 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup cream of coconut, beating until soft peaks form; spread over pie.
Note: We tested with Keebler Sandies Pecan Shortbread and Coco López Cream of Coconut.
You can also have this for a potluck party at home or office. But this is best when shared with your loved ones.
For more dessert recipes on Stagetecture, click here.