Trying to think of a delicious spring brunch recipe without too much fuss? Instead of going out to a restaurant how about a host a brunch this weekend at your home? Spring is currently in its bloom. So, it’s the perfect time to enjoy a spring brunch with your friends and family. Better Homes and Gardens presents a delicious smoked salmon with egg white omelet recipe that is likely to be one of your favorite warm weather breakfast and lunch eats. Check out the recipe:
Spring Brunch: Smoked Salmon Omelet
Image via: Brit
3 egg whites (2 egg whites and 1 whole egg or ½-cup frozen or refrigerated and thawed egg product)
Lox-style smoked salmon (thinly sliced; ¾ ounce)
Fresh dill (snipped; ½ teaspoon)
Sour cream (1 tablespoon)
Desired-flavor semisoft cheese (1 tablespoon)
Olive oil (1/2 teaspoon)
Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
Salt (1/8 teaspoon)
Fresh dill (snipped)
Broccoli florets (tenderly cooked; ¼ cup), optional
Best Eggs Recipe Directions:
- Mix egg whites, hot pepper sauce, salt, and the ½-teaspoon dill in a small bowl or a liquid measuring cup. Beat with a fork until the ingredients are combined but not foamy or bubbly.
- Take an 8-inch nonstick frying pan with flared sides and heat olive oil in it over medium-high heat. Pour the egg white mixture and fry over medium heat.
- Use a spatula to lift the edges of the egg white when the mixture sets. It will help the uncooked portion to trickle underneath. Keep doing it until the egg white mixture is completely set and is still shiny.
- Place sliced salmon, broccoli florets, and cheese on half of the fried egg white. Now, cover them with the other half of the omelet.
- Take the omelet out of the frying pan gently with a spatula and place onto a plate. Spread the additional snipped fresh dill over it. Now, serve with sour cream.
Image via: Healthista
It is a perfect spring brunch to enjoy on warmer mornings and more leisurely days. The key to a good brunch is variety. And, this recipe makes use of various ingredients in a simple but delectable manner.
Have you planned for any brunch with friends or family?