Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year, is celebrated around the world. If you have someone special to celebrate the day with, make them this unique gift. Don’t buy something at the store as everyone else will be doing the same. Make this Valentine’s Day craft that is sure to tug at your partner’s heartstrings. They will enjoy using it and remember it for a long time to come. Follow these easy instructions and you’ll be done in no time.
Valentine’s Day Craft: Glycerin Soap Gifts
Image via: Martha Stewart
Things You Will Need
- A measuring cup (glass)
- Glycerin soap
- A 9-inch square pan (nonstick)
- A bench scraper
- A heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Soap colorant (or food color)
- A cutting board
- Masking tape
- Metal letter stamps (1/8-inch)
- Needle nose pliers
- A spray bottle full of rubbing alcohol
Image via: Biblical Marriage
- To find out how much glycerin you will need, fill the nonstick pan with water. Make sure the water is 1/4-inch beneath the height of the cookie cutter. Pour the water into a measuring cup, record the amount, and discard it.
- Using the bench scraper, cut the glycerin soap into small pieces and fill the measuring cup. Heat in the microwave until it melts. Stir.
- Add more glycerin soap as you continue heating until you reach the water level. Stir.
- Pour the liquid into the pan and spray with the rubbing alcohol to get rid of bubbles.
- Leave to harden at room temperature for 2 hours then freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place the soap on the cutting board. Use the cookie cutter to make heart-shaped soaps. If the cutter sticks, pull it out with the pliers.
- Form words by placing the metal letter stamps on the masking tape. Press the words slightly on the soap to form imprints.
If you want to say “I love you” in a different way this year, make this Valentine’s Day craft. No gift can compare to a one-of-a-kind craft you’ve made with your hands. This Valentine’s, steer away from the usual candies and flowers and make something your loved one will remember for years to come. A DIY gift is a special way to show your partner how much you care.
Will you be making this gift for your beloved?