Entry #1759, October 27, 2012
Your matchbox can often look generic and bland around your home. Now that we are moving into the cooler weather, matches are needing for lighting a candle, or even the fireplace! You can actually do a little innovative art work to lighten up not only your candles but also with the match boxes. This is a very simple and quick DIY project to make your matchboxes shine and stand out at home.
The concept of this project is to change the commercial label of the match boxes making them attractive and decorative art works. The best thing about this project is that you don’t have to worry about the designs and measurement because you can easily download a pattern online. All you need is an internet connection and you are good to go. Here’s how you enhance your matchbox label:
- Computer with internet connection
- Download the pattern on the internet and print the pattern. You don’t have to do anything like editing the measurement because everything is done accurately and as is. If you want to design your own and you know how to use an image editing software, feel free to customize your own design. Just make sure that the measurement is accurate.
- After printing, cut the designs and pair them off accordingly. Ensure that you place them properly and will not in any way mess up the pairing.
- Attach the labels on both sides using glue. You have to do this carefully so that the design will not be blotted due to exposure from the glue. As much as possible, use a minimal amount of glue.
- Let it dry and check if the new labels are properly attached.
Done! You now have decorative and stylish match boxes that you can mix and match with your transparent vase or jars and other decors. Of course, be careful in placing them and ensure that these match boxes is out of reach by your kids.