Every a worthy Thanksgiving Dinner has to finish with a fine, scrumptious Thanksgiving Dessert. But it is often difficult for the host or hostess to find the time to prepare everything, so an easy but delicious dessert recipe, like this Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle recipe is a great way to impress your guests without completely stressing out on this special day. The ingredients are easy to find and you can add flavor by using a vanilla cream mix or butterscotch pudding mix for the cream filling or use a different type of cookies or even some spice cake mix to adapt the trifle to your taste.
Thanksgiving Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle Ingredients:
12 gingerbread cookies, crushed into crumbs (about 2 cups) plus a few for decoration
1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup cranberry puree (optional)
1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
12 oz whipped topping thawed and divided
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Directions:
- Combine the cookie crumbs and the melted butter in a medium sized bowl. Place a layer of this mixture at the bottom of your serving bowl or glasses and press them to form a firm layer.
- Take a large bowl and beat the cream cheese until its smooth, using a mixer for ease.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, the vanilla extract and the spice to the cream cheese and combine well.
- If using cranberry puree hold to the side until ready to layer.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Now it’s time to assemble the trifle. Spoon a layer of your pumpkin cream on top of the cookie crumb layer. Next, add a layer of whipped topping and repeat with a layer of cookie-butter crumble mixture, pumpkin cream and whipped topping until your serving bowl or glass reaches the top.
- Refrigerate the trifle until you are ready to serve them. Decorate with some whole cookies or cookie crumbles, or cinnamon powder. Optional: garnish with whole cranberries as pictured above.
This straight-forward pumpkin cheesecake Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe will be closing the special menu in a wonderful way. The colors of the trifle are stunning fall colors and the taste of the pumpkin and spicy cookies are the best flavors to have at a Thanksgiving table. You can choose whether to serve the Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle in a large clear glass bowl and then serve everyone with their portion onto a dessert plate or serve it right away in wonderful individual, clear dessert glasses, but either way, it will be a delicious finale for your Thanksgiving Dinner.
Need more Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes?
Look to our 35 Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts for the yummiest and dreamiest of Thanksgiving desserts!
For more Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes on Stagetecture, click here.