This Fourth of July are you ready for friends and family to gather at your dining room table? Why not create easy DIY centerpieces that bring out the red, white and blue of the holiday? This fun and patriotic centerpiece will be a great addition to your 4th of July décor. If you do not know what to do with the little flags you have found in the hutch drawer or with your old jars, it is time for you to try this Independence Day craft.
4th of July Decor: How to Make a Patriotic Centerpiece
Image via: Etsy
There are a variety of mason jar or glass container patriotic centerpieces you can make. Whether you’d like to use paint, dry goods, sweets, let your imagination go wild!
What You’ll Need
• A mason jar
• Food color (red and blue)
• Red and blue ribbons or raffia
• Little flags
• A handful of paper pinwheels
• Paper stars (optional)
Image via: Nice Home Decor
How to Make
• Visit your nearby craft stores or large discounts stores and buy the pinwheels, flags, stars, and ribbons.
• Take white rice and use food color to make them blue and red. Pour some rice in a glass bowl, drop a few drops of color on them, and blend well. Once done, pour the red rice in the jar first, white rice in the middle, and blue at the top.
Image via: DIY Ready
• Tie the blue and red raffia or ribbons around the neck of the jar.
• Strike the stars, pinwheels, and flags in the rice and voila! It’s done!
• Prepare two or three more jars in the same way and stack them together on the dining table to make a cute centerpiece.
• You can fill the jar with anything else you like.
• Instead of the pinwheels, flags, and stars, you can simply put one candle in each of the jars. They will look nice when they are lit.
Image via: Pinterest
You will love this simple centerpiece craft if you are looking for an easy-to-make, festive table decoration for the upcoming Fourth of July celebration. You can also put this craft in your kitchen window and it will look equally festive for your Fourth of July celebration!