Entry #1589, September 12, 2012
Looking for a tasty brunch recipe? Here’s the Praline-Pecan French Toast for you. This is a quick and easy recipe that you can serve in less than 40 minutes. The good thing is that you can find almost all the ingredients in your fridge.
The Praline-Pecan French Toast is not only delicious but also very nutritious. It has carbohydrates, calcium, vitamins and minerals. These body essentials will give you the needed nutrients to energize your day. The flavorful mixture of the ingredients will definitely capture your discriminating taste.
Praline-Pecan French Toast Recipe
Here’s how to bake the delicious and nutritious Praline-Pecan French Toast:
- 1 (16-oz.) French bread loaf
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut 10 (1-inch-thick) slices of bread. Reserve remaining bread for another use.
- Stir together brown sugar and next 2 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Arrange bread slices over pecans; pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake bread 35 to 37 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 8 to 10 delicious French toast servings. You may add walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds for added flavors. The Praline-Pecan French Toast is perfect for family weekend breakfast, lunch or even when there are unexpected guests at home. With this recipe, you will have no worries of getting a messy kitchen countertop while preparing or serving. All ingredients are very handy and easy to prepare. Serve this recipe this weekend and you will certainly have a delightful treat!
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.