Entry #1709, October 10, 2012
Grilling is one of the favorite forms of cooking that we love. More often than not, there’s always a grilled recipe on top of the table during weekends, holidays or parties. If you want to add a delicious grilled recipe in your menu, try this plum-glazed sausage on your next meal bonding.
The Plum-glazed sausage is a quick and easy recipe that you can serve for all types of occasions. It is so easy to prepare and needs only a few ingredients. All ingredients are readily available in the nearest supermarket and will not be a pain in your pocket. The plum-glazed sausage is also rich in protein, vitamin B12 and selenium that your body needs. A very delicious and nutritious recipe for the whole family.
Thank you Southern Living for this autumn favorite!
Autumn Grilling Favorite: Plum-Glazed Sausage Recipe
Image via: Southern Living
- 3/4 cup plum preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted fresh sausages
- Preheat grill to 300° to 350°. Set to medium heat.
- Cook first the four (4) ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir very often or at least every 5 minutes. Make sure to reserve half of the mixture. You will use this in the final step.
- Grill the sausages, covered with grill lid about 10 to 12 minutes or until it is done. Turn the sausage occasionally. Brush it with the remaining half of plum mixture when it’s about 5 minutes of grilling.
- Remove the sausage from heat. Let it cool off for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the reserved plum mixture.
The Plum-glazed sausage is best served when hot. You can consume it directly or may pair it with bread or rice depending on how you want to eat your grilled sausage meal. This sumptuous and nutritious recipe deserves a space in your recipe notebook.
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.