Entry #4, September 1, 2009
The kids are back to school, and your teen already doesn’t know where his Algebra class syllabus is. You just finished the last barbecue at your house for Labor Day weekend, and now you’re thinking of how to get ready for the fall. Whether you live in the North or the South, fall means..football season, packing lunches, and packing up summer clothes.
Back-to-School help for the kids and you!
Here are some helpful hints to keep your kids organized, and you sane:
- Have kids unload backpack’s daily. Have them throw away trash, extra papers, candy wrappers. There has been many a time that an old Skittles bag, made a feast for ants in my son’s backpack!
- Empty those backpack’s daily!
- Have a 3-ring binder or folder for each of your kids school’s. From daycare to high school, the parents have plenty of papers to keep up with. Parent handbooks, PTA functions, teacher’s contact information and school calendars are right where you need them, quickly.
- Have extra school supplies? Who needs the 84 pack of pencils they sell? Donate them to the schools. I’ve never heard a teacher turn down extra supplies.. it might win your child brownie points too!
Football season means…
- ..packing up the car for tailgating.. or having friends over to watch the t.v. on the weekend. Whichever it means for you, make this ritual more fun now! If you’re a tailgater, find the blankets, coolers, stadium chairs in the garage and group them in an area. Using the grill? Make sure it’s clean now, pack up charcoal, utensils, and equipment, so you can grab n’ go! Having friends over? Stock up on snacks, paper supplies, and non-perishables .. so you don’t have to think about it, come game-day.
- Organize BEFORE the big game!
- Not a football fan? Make this your time to start packing up summer supplies for the winter. Kid’s pool inflatables, outdoor toys, patio supplies, etc.. If you live in cooler climates, this is the perfect time to get ready for winter. Pack up summer clothes, and start pulling out sweaters, and fall clothing.
Fall.. enjoy it!
- Leaves turning colors.. after you rake those big pile of leaves.. go play in them with your friends and family!
- Get out and exercise.. the excuse that it’s too hot.. is no longer.
- Enjoy the season that doesn’t have any major holiday’s! Before you know it, the hustle and bustle, and stress of the holiday’s will be upon us. Take a breather, and enjoy the season that doesn’t get enough fanfare!
For more fall home ideas on Stagetecture, click here.