Falling leaves and dropping mercury means it’s time to turn on your oven and bake something delicious. So, this season why not try this glazed orange rolls recipe made from favorite our ingredients. Just like other fall breakfast roll recipes, they can be made at night and put in the refrigerator overnight for quick and easy baking in the morning.
Fall Breakfast: Glazed Orange Rolls Recipe
Image via: Yummy Healthy Easy
Total time: Rise 30 minutes + bake 25 minutes + stand 10 minutes
Yields: 24 rolls
3 ½ cups all purpose flour
¼ cup packaged instant mashed potato flakes
1 package active dry yeast
1 ½ cups milk or water
1/3 cup sugar
¼ cup cooking oil or butter
2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
Pinch of salt
Orange Glaze Ingredients:
½ teaspoon vanilla
Few drops of almond extract
2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
Image via: Pillsbury
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 and half cups of flour, the potato flakes, and the yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat and stir milk or water, sugar, butter or cooking oil, orange peel and salt just until warm. Add the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on a low speed for 25-30 seconds , scraping bowl constantly. Now beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough reaming flour to make dough that is smooth and elastic (3-5 minutes in total). Shape the dough into a ball. Place in a greased bowl and turn once to grease surface. Cover and let it rise in a warm place until doubled (approximately 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease twenty four 2 and half inch muffin cups and set aside.
- Divide dough into 24 equal portions; shape into balls. Place one ball into each prepared muffin cup. Cover and let it rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, say for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully invert rolls from muffin cups onto the wire rack. Let it cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Spoon over orange glaze. Serve warm.
Image via: Cooking
Directions for Orange Glaze:
- Finely shred peel from orange and then peel and section orange. In a medium bowl, combine shredded orange peel and sections, vanilla and few drops of almond extract. Beat on low speed until almost smooth. Beat in 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar. Stir in enough additional powdered sugar (approximately 1 cup) until glaze has a spooning consistency.
Perfect as a fall breakfast recipe, these glazed orange rolls truly put the “good” in good morning. The glaze is the finishing touch that adds just the right amount of flavor. Now get started and wow your loved ones with this new recipe this weekend.