Sweet and spicy, this healthy recipe is specially designed for those who appreciate good food. It is a great-tasting, healthy option for those who want good alternatives for turkey. It will curb your craving for takeout and will become one of your home’s staple dishes. It only takes 30 minutes to make and is very delicious. The sour pickle is very crucial to the flavor so don’t overlook it. Use this recipe from Food Network to make the dish.
Green Bean and Spicy Turkey Stir Fry Recipe
Image via: Bev Cooks
- 1/2 tsp. of sugar
- 3/4 pound of lean turkey (ground)
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth (fat-free)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. of dry sherry (or rice vinegar)
- 1 sour pickle (finely chopped)
- 1½ pounds of green beans (trimmed)
- 1½ cups of basmati rice
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 2 tsp. of cornstarch
- 2 tsp. of Asian chile paste
- 3 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Heat a pot of water till it boils. Add the rice and boil until tender (for about 18 minutes). Drain and keep covered.
- Preheat your broiler and put the green beans, sugar, and 1½ tbsp. of vegetable oil on a baking sheet. Broil and cook until the beans are well cooked. Stir once.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over high heat. Put in the turkey and cook. Break it with a wooden spoon as it cooks and cook until brown. Add the garlic, Chile paste, pickle and cook till the garlic turns brown (for about 3 minutes).
- Put the beans in the skillet and cook for a minute.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, and sherry.
- Put the sauce in the skillet and cook until it thickens slightly. Stir occasionally.
- Remove and set aside after 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Image via: Food.com
This healthy recipe will be a winner in your home. Your kids will love it and your family and friends will ask for it. If your kids don’t like spices, you can omit the pickle and use a smaller portion of the Chile paste to make sure the dish isn’t too spicy. If you like your beans crunchy and firm, stir-fry them in the oil with just salt and pepper and remove them before they are completely done. You’ll love this meal so much you won’t wait to make it again.
For more healthy recipes on Stagetecture, click here.