Snacks that burn fat are awesome! They help you to lose weight without starving yourself. Unfortunately, many people avoid healthy snacks and opt for those with very few nutrients and too many calories. The result? Instant weight gain! Losing weight is impossible if you don’t eat well. You must choose what you eat with the utmost care because it will affect your entire health. Anytime you feel hungry, reach for a healthy breakfast. If you love healthy snacks but are limited for recipes try this one from All Recipes. You can even customize it with your favorite nuts or dried fruits.
Healthy Breakfast: Cinnamon Vanilla Granola
Image via: Mazola
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ tsp. of ground nutmeg
- ½ cup of wheat germ (toasted)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans (can be substituted with sliced almonds or sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries (can be substituted with raisins or other dried fruits)
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 2 tbsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of Corn oil
- 3 cups of traditional oats
- 4 tsp. of ground cinnamon
For Yogurt Parfaits
- 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup of granola
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen fruits (mixed fruits)
- In a large bowl, mix the quick oats, traditional oats, wheat germ, and pecans.
- Mix the maple syrup, vanilla, oil, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread the mixture on top.
- Bake at 300ᵒ for 50 minutes or an hour. Stir every 5 minutes until the oats are toasted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the dried fruit. Place on a wire rack to cool .
- Mix the vanilla yogurt, mixed fruits, and granola in a bowl. Add the oats then serve.
Image via: Cooking with Ruthie
“You are what you eat” may sound a bit cliché, but it is the absolute truth. What you eat affects your overall health. Each single cell in your body is created from the food you eat, the air you breathe and the water you drink. The food you eat affects your life, energy, weight, moods, appearance, aging, and well-being. If you make bad food choices, you won’t be healthy. Eat a healthy snack between meals and avoid those that do nothing for your health. You will not only boost your metabolism, you will also lose weight fast.
What delicious healthy breakfast ideas would you like to share?