Entry #1832, November 16, 2012
Roast beef is one of the all time favorite dishes that people love to mix and match with different ingredients. Whether it is stuffed into a sandwich, combined with vegetables or potatoes, you will surely satisfy your hunger and cravings for a sumptuous meal.
Homemade Deli Style Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Images and recipe via
If you crave for a roast beef meal, consider this homemade deli style roast beef recipe that is so easy to prepare. Other than the arm part of the beef to roast, all other ingredients can be found in your kitchen. This makes this recipe a perfect dish for weekends and family gatherings especially this coming Thanksgiving holiday.
- 3 pound arm roast
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix together the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and onion powder in a small bowl. Coat the meat in the spice mixture and place the meat on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast at 475 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 275 and continue cooking until meat reaches the desired temperature (about 40 more minutes for medium rare, 60 minutes for medium, 80 minutes for well done).
- Remove meat from the oven and tent with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice as thin as possible using a sharp knife or meat slicer.
- Store in a sealed bag in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for 6 months and thaw in the fridge as needed.
Ensure that you follow the time and temperature setting of your oven when cooking to achieve the desired flavor. Pair it up with a red wine or cocktail drinks for a great meal experience.
For more food recipes and international cuisine, click here.