Mothers, since times immemorial have sought out ways to feed their kids with nutritious meals. It is surprising how sweetly they have disguised the foods that we have disliked into stuff that we couldn’t put down. Well, this Mother’s Day, why not disguise bananas into something delicious and lip-smacking! Today’s recipe called ‘The Banana Crumb’ uses this disguise trick very well and converts bananas into delectable crunchy topped muffins.
Mother’s Day Brunch: Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe
Image Via: The Galley Gourmet
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour + 2 tbsp (separate)
3 bananas mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup molten butter + 1 tbsp (semi-molten)
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
Image Via: Pip And Ebby
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a large glass bowl mix 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl blend together molten butter, sugar, bananas and egg. It would be great if you could lightly beat the egg beforehand.
- Mix the flour bowl contents spoon by spoon with the banana bowl contents.
- Fill each muffin cup to 2/3rd its capacity.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp butter and cinnamon. Mix gently so that the resultant mixture is coarse. Sprinkle this mixture over the muffins as a topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
Present her these muffins, delicately wrapped and placed in a classy basket. Your mother is just going to love it! You can replace the All purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a more nutritious take on the recipe. The resultant muffins won’t be as light but very yummy nonetheless. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla essence in the banana batter for an extra punch of flavors. Do share if you plan to bake these muffins this Mother’s Day and of any interesting twists you might want to give to the recipe.
Click here for more Mother’s Day Recipe Ideas on Stagetecture.