Given that Mother’s Day is around the corner, you’re probably wondering what food to prepare on that day. You most likely want something delicious but not too spicy; something easy to prepare but good enough for dinner for the whole family. The Italian Garden Frittata is the best Mother’s Day recipe for dinner or brunch. Make it using these instructions from Food.com. Mother’s Day Brunch wouldn’t be the same without a tasty beginning!
Mothers Day Brunch: Italian Garden Frittata
Image via: Egleg Raziani
- A cup of chopped mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- One finely chopped garlic
- Thin strips of ½ red bell pepper
- A cup full of sliced Zucchini
- A pinch of ground pepper
- A teaspoon of fresh basil or a pinch of dried basil
- A teaspoon of Oregano or just a pinch of dried Oregano
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
Image via: Simply Recipes
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the green bell pepper, chopped onions, garlic and zucchini.
- Stir the ingredients over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a cup, add two tablespoons of water, and whisk them lightly with a fork until the two elements combine.
- Add a third of the parmesan cheese to the whisked eggs, leaving 2/3 for later. Add the eggs and the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
- Cover the pan but allow some room for the steam to escape. Continue cooking until the eggs are completely cooked. This should take approximately 7 minutes.
- To serve: Remove the pan from the stove. Use a spoon to lift the edges of the Frittata. This will lift the edges so that you can slide it onto a plate.
- You may now add the parmesan cheese that you had not used before. You may also add any sauce of your choice.
Image via: The Garden Chef
Chicken and Shrimp Options
This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. You could make it more interesting by using shrimp or chicken. If you want to experiment a little bit, you can substitute 3 cups of shrimp or chicken for the eggs in this recipe. You can also add some fresh veggies or herbs to spice it up.
The Frittata is fairly low in calories even when you add shrimp or chicken. It is a delicious Mother’s Day recipe perfect for both brunch and dinner. It is also one of the best recipes for the occasion that is easy to prepare.
Would you consider preparing Italian Garden Frittata for Mother’s Day?