Need creative Halloween party food this season? How about giving your guests a pack of these frightening fingers as favors? Or surprise them by serving a big plate of creepy finger cookies, which are in reality yummy Halloween sugar cookies, creatively decorated. Not to mention that your young guests will enjoy these gruesome treats the most.
Total Time: Preparation 25 minutes + Cook: 20 minutes
Yields: 30 servings
Halloween Party Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners’/powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tube red decorating gel
½ cup whole almonds
Halloween Party Cookies Directions:
- In a bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, flour, and salt. Slowly add to above mixture.
- Divide dough into fourth equal parts. Cover and refrigerate for 25-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Work with one piece of dough at a time. Roll into one inch balls, and then shape each into thin fingers. Press one almond into one end of each finger to give the appearance of a long fingernail. With the knife, make 3 slashes in the middle for knuckles.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet, arrange the finger shaped cookies. Bake 165 degrees Celsius for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the almond from the tip of each cookie, squeeze a tiny amount of red decorating gel into the cavity, press the almond over again, allowing gel to ooze around the nail.
Need more Halloween Party Cookie Ideas?
Take a look at our Halloween Cookies Recipe with Royal Icing!
Perfect as Halloween party treats, these frightening finger cookies are too creepy to resist. Instead of using the decorating gel, you can also dip the almonds into strawberry jam for ghostly yet delicious results. Get creative!
for more Halloween desserts on Stagetecture, click here.