Spring for most of us is celebration! So its time to mix in some springy cocktails. Today’s recipe stands special for two reasons. One, it is as fresh and refreshing as spring and two, the basic cucumber syrup that we will prepare can be used in so many other drink preparations, like lemonades and mojito! If you just minus the alcohol content and convert this cocktail into a mocktail, it can be served to the younger lot and they will surely love it. So lets get started. Bring on the spring!
Spring Cocktail: Cucumber Green Tea Cocktail
Image Via: Minimalist Baker
1/2 cup club soda
4 limes for the recipe + more for garnish
handful mint leaves
1 cup brewed green tea
1 sliced cucumber (+ more for garnish if desired)
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup rum /vodka
Image Via: Lip Gloss And Crayons
- In a saucepan, put water, sugar and cucumber slices. Warm over medium to high heat till the sugar dissolves properly. Reduce the mixture to about 1 cup measurement. The consistency should be syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cucumber syrup has cooled down, strain out the cucumber slices.
- Side by side, brew some green tea and set aside to cool. Chill it in the refrigerator before using it in the cocktail.
- Crush together about half the mint leaves with half a lime using a cocktail mixer or a crusher.
- In the cocktail mixer add the juice of the remaining lime, 1/3rd cup rum/vodka, 1/4 the cup green tea and 1/4th cup cucumber syrup.
- Just before serving, mix with ice and add some club soda.
- For serving you can garnish with lime wedges, cucumber slices dropped in the cocktail or mint leaves.
I personally like to add either mint leaves and lime as a garnish or just cucumber slices. You could go either way. Also feel free to use either rum or vodka, both will give amazing results. Another point to remember is that while crushing mint and lime together do so coarsely, just enough for the mint to leave its oils! Do share your thoughts and ideas about this Spring Cocktail!
Click here for more Cocktail Recipes!