Summer entertaining is the perfect time for picnics, outdoor activities, and throwing BBQ parties at the backyards. In a BBQ party, a side dish that is both healthy and flavorful will be good for the health of you and your guests and help them enjoying the main dish even more. Check out the super-easy as well as healthy recipe of potato salad with mixed herbs.
Summer BBQ Healthy Sides: Potato Salad with Mixed Herbs
Image via: Taste
• Potatoes (1.5 pounds; cut in halves if they are bigger in size)
• A mixture of chopped fresh herbs including tarragon, flat-leaf parsley, chives, dill, and any other herbs you want (1/2 cup)
• 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Kosher salt
• Chicken stock (1 tablespoon)
• Dry white wine (1 tablespoon)
• Red wine vinegar (1 tablespoon)
• Minced garlic (1 clove)
• Whole-grain mustard (1 tablespoon)
• Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
• Fill a large pot with water and place the potatoes in it with one tablespoon of salt. Bring the water to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
• Drain the potatoes in a colander and place it over the pot. Cover the colander and steam the potatoes for 15-20 minutes.
• Mix the chicken stock, white wine, vinegar, mustard, salt (1 teaspoon), and pepper (1/2 teaspoon) together in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil slowly and set aside.
• Pour the dressing over the drained potatoes to moisten them. Add the dressing while the potatoes are still hot so that they can absorb the flavors. After that, add salt, pepper, scallions, and the herbs and toss well.
• Cover the salad and refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors get blended.
Image via: Foodness Gracious
Whether you are having an old fashioned barbecue, or a sit-down meal with friends and family, think of having these tasty potatoes. Serve this healthy BBQ sides with frilled salmon or meat, and your favorite sides to accompany it’s delicious presence.
For more grilling recipes on Stagetecture, click here.