Smeg is an Italian domestic brand company bringing design and technology together in harmony through offering products that appeal to consumers looking for quality while providing aesthetic beauty. Not only has Smeg offered appliances since 1948, but they began their journey in offering quality products since the 17th century. Smeg offers several kitchen appliances today including refrigerators, ranges, cooktops, hoods, and dishwashers. Bringing vintage and a classic look back, Smeg has designed an aesthetic line of Retro 50’s style refrigerators that come in a variety of colors and sizes. In addition to their original colors offered, Smeg is now offering some hot new colors to bring in that pop of color you are looking for in any space.
Smeg Refrigerators: Retro Style & Summer Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
Smeg Refrigerators are not only for style but for function as well. These energy efficient refrigerators provide ample space with 3 easy to clean glass shelves and storage compartments located in the doors. Other features include a chrome wine rack and a large fruit and vegetable containers making Smeg refrigerators a practical and beautiful addition.
Image via: fallingpixel.com
Smeg has recently showcased some hot new colors to add to their current list of colors they offer for their retro line. Not only can you get their current line of colors that they have offered since 2007, but now you can get your vintage style fridge in Yellow, White, or Union Jack.
How to Incorporate Smeg into your Home
Smeg refrigerators offers function and style in one bringing the past and present in line for any kitchen or office. Since Smeg offers the refrigerators in two different sizes, you will have the option to use in a residential or an office kitchen. The mini fridges that are offered by Smeg are perfect for dorm rooms, residential bars or other entertainment areas. You can pair this vintage style refrigerator with traditional or modern cabinetry as well as showcasing it as a statement piece.
Image via: creativeinfluences.blogspot,com
As you consider your next appliance purchase, think about using these energy efficient and iconic refrigerators into your design for your new kitchen or office.
Did you know that Smeg also has a great array of recipes? Take a look at this summer side this season! Check out the rest at Smeg Recipes.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Au Gratin
Image via: Pinterest
- 1 Cauliflower and 1 Broccoli
- ¼ cup of Butter
- ½ cup of All-purpose Flour
- 2 ½ cups of Milk
- 7 oz of Swiss Cheese
- Grated Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
1) Clean and cut the cauliflower and the broccoli into large florets.
2) Boil salted water in a pot and cook the cauliflower for 10 minutes or until soft, but still firm. Add a piece of bread to reduce the smell.
3) Drain in a colander and let cool down. To speed up the cooling process you can rinse under cold running water first.
4) Repeat the same procedure for the broccoli.
5) Pre heat the oven at 375F.
6) Grease the oven pan with butter. Add the cauliflower and the broccoli.
7) Heat the butter in a saucepan. As soon as the butter is melted add the all purpose flour, 5 oz of the Swiss cheese and milk 1 cup at the time and stir until smooth. Keep cooking for 5 minutes or until the Besciamella sauce is ready.
8) Pour the Besciamella sauce on top of the cauliflower and the broccoli.
9) Top the dish with the remaining Swiss cheese and grated nutmeg.
10) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.