Do you think apple dumplings are only for autumn? No way! Need another sweet to add onto your 4th of July Dessert Recipe collection? Then try out some good old fashion Apple Dumplings. With the sweet moisture of the cinnamon, sugar apples and the delicious crust that covers it, you and your guests will be begging for more. The recipe is an all time favorite and it takes no time to make. Just take a look at the directions and ingredients for the recipe and then Enjoy!!!
Delicious Apple Dumplings Recipe
Prep- 30 min
Cook time- 1hr
Apple Pie Ingredients:
1 pastry recipe for double crust pie or 2 (10-ounce) cans of Pillsbury crescent roll dough
6 large granny smith apples, peeled and cored
½ cup of butter
¾ cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
3 cups of water
2 cups of white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Apple Dumplings Directions:
- To start the Fourth of July Recipe, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Then get a 9X13 inch pan and grease it or purchase a non-stick 9 X 13 in pan.
- Then lightly flour a cutting board or just your counter top and begin to roll out the pastry double pie crust (or crescent dough) into a large 24 by 16 inch rectangle. Then cut the rectangle into 6 even square pieces.
- After the dough has been divided off, place an apple on each pastry square with the cored opening facing upward. Then cut your butter into 8 pieces, then take 1 piece of butter and place it at the opening of each apple, take the left over butter and set it aside for the sauce.
- Next, get the brown sugar and split it up among the apples. Put some in the core of the apples then around the base of each apple. After the brown sugar has been used start to sprinkle the cinnamon followed by the nutmeg over the apples.
- Gently wet your fingertips and carry one corner of the pastry square to the top of the apple. Repeat the same process with the opposite corner of the square pressing them together and do the same for the last two corners.
- Faintly seal the dough at the sides to be sure the apple is completely sealed in. Make sure that you do the same for the rest of the apples. After all apples have been sealed, place them in a baking dish.
- Take out a saucepan and mix in; the water, white sugar, vanilla, and the left over butter. Then place the combination over a medium heat and bring it to a boil. Boil it for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolve
- After the sauce has been made, carefully pour some of the sauce over the apples. And place the apples in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes. Then when the dumplings are finished place each one into a dessert bowl and scoop out the left over sauce onto each of the dumplings and ENJOY your Fourth of July Dessert Recipe!
*For extra sweetness you can add a few scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream to the tops of the dumplings.
Did You Know Apples are Perfect for your Health?
We love this article from Well-Being Secrets – 34 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Apples. Discover why apples are so delicious and good for your health.
For more dessert recipes on Stagetecture