Well folks, it’s officially fall and time for some of the best things that the autumn time has to offer, fall desserts. This season sweeten your hectic days with the sweet apple pecan carrot cake recipe for your family to love and enjoy! You get the sugary tastes of the glazed toasted pecans with the mixture of the delicious apples and carrots. With all of these good flavors it is sure to be a family fav! So for this fall season surprise your family with this easy to bake recipe today!
Fall Dessert: Sweet Apple Pecan Carrot Cake
Image via: Southern Living
Hands-on Time: 30 min
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 min
2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 1/3 cups of Pecans, toasted and finely chopped and divided
2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
½ teaspoon of Salt
3 Eggs, large and lightly beaten
2 cups of Sugar
¾ cup of Vegetable Oil
¾ cup of Buttermilk
2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and grated
1 ½ cups of Carrots. Grated
2/3 cup of Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
Image via: Free Wallpapers
For the Mascarpone Frosting
1 (8 oz._ container of Mascarpone Cheese
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
¼ cup of Powdered Sugar
1 cup of Whipping Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Get about 1 1/3 of your toasted pecans, and sprinkle them into 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans. Give your pans a little shake to help coat the bottom and sides of the pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, baking soda and apple pie spice. Begin to stir together the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and buttermilk until the mixture has blended well. Also, add some flower to the mix.
- Then take the apples, carrots and remaining 1 cup of toasted pecans and fold them into the previous mixtures.
- Pour the entire batter into the 2 cake pans. Stick the pans into the oven for about 30-35 minutes. After the cakes have finished baking, take them out of the oven and let them cool on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove the cakes from the pans and let them cool for an hour.
Image via: My Recipes
For the Mascarpone Frosting
- For the Mascarpone Frosting, whisk together the cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl just before blended. Then at a medium speed, beat in the whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in the beat whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
For the Layering
- Place 1 of the cakes pecan side down on a serving plate, then spread the top layer with 2/3 cup of apple cider caramel sauce, the take the other cake (pecan side down) and place it on top of the first cake and spread the mascarpone frosting over the top of the cake.
- Then drizzle 2 tablespoons of the Apple Cider Caramel Sauce of the mascarpone frosting and swirl the sauce into the frosting. Then…Enjoy your new fall dessert!
Who doesn’t love sweets? And as it gets cooler, for some strange reason that sweet tooth craving just seems to increase. Let’s satisfy that craving with this fall dessert recipe. The recipe is simple and easy to do. It has most of the favorite fall flavors that will just have your family dying to have more and more with each bite. Also, Stagetecture readers, what’s some of your favorite dessert recipes you like to do for the fall? We’d certainly love to hear about them!