Who’s ready for fall tailgating at your favorite college or pro football game? Whether you choose to go to the game or enjoy game day at home with family and friends, this Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwich is bound to be on your menu. Cheesesteak recipes are really mouth-watering and so tempting. Just imagine all the flavors packed in one recipe that you can indulge. If you’re not convinced, try this delicious Philly Cheesesteaks recipe to taste the truth.
Game Day Favorite: Philly Style Cheesesteak
Philly Cheesesteak Ingredients:
8 ounces, White Velveeta, Swiss or Provolone Cheeses
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup Milk
6 Tablespoons Butter
6 whole Deli Rolls
1-1/2 pound Thinly Shaved Good Quality Deli Roast Beef
1 whole Yellow Onion, Peeled And Sliced Thick
1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced Thick
1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced Thick
1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced Thick
Optional: Spicy Mustard, Horseradish, Worcestershire Sauce, Hot Sauce
Philly Cheesesteak Directions:
- First make the cheese sauce by combining the Velveeta, black pepper, cayenne, and milk in a small pan. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s melted and hot. Keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on a griddle over medium heat, then place the deli roll halves on the griddle until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in the roast beef and move it around with a spatula, breaking it up a bit as you go. Cook/warm for about a minute or so, then remove it to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoons butter to the same skillet and throw in the onions and peppers. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the veggies until dark golden and soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- To build the sandwiches, place a pile of beef on the bottom half of each roll. Spoon cheese sauce over the beef. Top with peppers and onions, then top with more cheese sauce. Place the top half of the roll on top and serve immediately!
The whole process should take you around 30 minutes. That’s a quick and easy recipe for someone who loves cheesestakes. You can serve at least 6 persons using the above-listed ingredients. This is truly a delicious cheesestake recipe for everyone.
For more recipe ideas on Stagetecture, click here.