Entry #1747, October 22, 2012
Who doesn’t love baked potatoes? Especially recipes with new ideas for toppings? Potatoes are a good source of Vitamin C and B6, Potassium and Manganese. This food is also low in saturated fat which makes it perfect for people who wanted to have a healthy living. If you love potatoes, try this roasted vegetable loaded potatoes recipe for a delicious treat.
Thanks Southern Living for this yummy recipe.
Savory Roasted Vegetable Loaded Baked Potato Recipe
- 3 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups sliced fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced $
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lite bottled Italian vinaigrette
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first 6 ingredients in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
2. Prepare potatoes as directed. Bake cauliflower mixture, with potatoes, 25 minutes or until cauliflower is brown, stirring once. Toss with raisins, walnuts, and vinaigrette. Spoon over potatoes.
Try These Twists
COUNTRY HAM AND CHEESE:
Cook 1/2 cup chopped country ham in 1 tsp. vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. (You can also use Canadian bacon.) Divide ham, 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup light sour cream, and 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives among Basic Baked Potatoes. (Per serving: Calories 231; Fat 6g)
SPINACH and MUSHROOM:
Cook 1 (8-Oz.) package sliced baby Portobello mushrooms; 2 garlic cloves, minced; 1 (6-Oz.) package fresh baby spinach; and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper in 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, and 2 Tbsp. bottled balsamic glaze. Serve over Basic Baked Potatoes. (Per serving: Calories 282; Fat 10g)
Cook 1 cup chopped cooked ham and 1/2 cup each chopped red bell pepper, fresh pineapple, and green onions in 1 tsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet, stirring constantly, 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in 2 Tbsp. each hoisin sauce and water. Serve over Basic Baked Potatoes. Sprinkle with 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds.
With these few twists that you can do, you will never feel being fed up with the same taste. Try this roasted vegetable loaded potatoes recipe and be in love with potatoes more than ever!
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.