It’s summer time and you know what that means… fresh strawberry recipes! I don’t know if you know this, but we love strawberry desserts, strawberry salads, and anything strawberry. I always love finding recipes that are refreshing and delicious to serve to guests or to enjoy with your family. This Strawberry Cantaloupe Prosciutto Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze recipe looks beautiful on your summer table as it is eating it. Whether you choose to keep it vegetarian or add the prosciutto is totally up to you. If serving at a party, why not make half and half to let guests choose? Either way we think you will make this recipe a all year-around strawberry recipe you will love.
Strawberry Cantaloupe Prosciutto Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze
Servings: 12-15 pieces depending on baguette size
Strawberry Bruschetta Ingredients:
1/2 cantaloupe- diced
1 cup strawberries- diced
8 oz. mozzarella- diced
1/4 cup fresh basil – tear into smaller leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large French baguette
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup balsamic vinegar
4 slices prosciutto
Strawberry Recipe Ingredients:
1. Slice baguette diagonally into 1 inch pieces and place on shallow baking pan.
2. Brush with olive oil and broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, add the fruit and basil. Gently toss, cover and chill while preparing glaze.
4. To make the strawberry glaze with balsamic vinegar glaze combine in a small saucepan, add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
5. Over medium heat, stir occasionally until the mixture thickens and reduces by half. This process usually takes about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the fruit, mozzarella and basil. Gently toss to combine. Cover and chill until serving time.
7. Right before serving, spoon the fruit and cheese mixture on top of each baguette. Top with prosciutto pieces.
8. Lightly drizzle the balsamic glaze on top and serve!
Serving your strawberry recipes with delicious side dishes:
Strawberries are a very versatile fruit. They can be used in strawberry desserts but also in strawberry salads and more. This strawberry and steak salad is one of our favorite recipes to serve during the warmer months. This chicken and strawberry salad is also versatile and keeps well to take for lunch the next day!
Strawberry glaze recipe ideas:
Did you know you can you strawberries to make a yummy glaze for chicken, beef, and pork? We love this Filet Mignon with Strawberry Glaze from All Recipes. Of course some of our favorite strawberry glaze recipes are ones that go over desserts! This Pound Cake with Strawberry Glaze recipe from My Recipes has us licking our lips. 🙂 Strawberry glaze can also be used in your Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, don’t limit your recipe planning to just the warm months of the year.