Fourth of July is the perfect time to take advantage of seasonal fruits, especially blueberries that bring in patriotic blue to your meal! Delectable, fluffy and filled with the goodness of blueberries, Blueberry Pancakes are a great way to start your day. This mouth-watering breakfast recipe is easy to make, gets ready within no time and turns out to be so appetizing that your folks are going to be asking you for more.
How to Make Classic Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
Blueberry Pancake Ingredients:
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
A little butter
Sunflower oil (optional- you can use butter instead)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Beat egg and milk together and gently whisk it into the above prepared dry mix. Whisk to achieve a thick consistency.
- Beat in the melted butter, and gently mix half of the blueberries in the batter.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil or a little butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Put a large tablespoon of the prepared batter on the pan, to make a pancake 7 cm across. If using a large frying pan, you can prepare 3 to 4 pancakes at a time.
- Cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat on one side. When small bubbles start appearing on the surface you can flip the side and again cook until golden, which should take another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Make layers of pancakes (3 to 4 pancakes), blueberries and maple syrup.
- To serve, garnish with maple syrup and the remaining blueberries.
Seasonal fruits make their way into our meals in pretty interesting ways and when you have something as inviting as these Blueberry Pancakes, breakfasts are going to be fun affairs. Go grab your bite!
If you love blueberry recipes as much as we do, take a look at these others on Stagetecture.