A chocolate cheesecake is the ultimate indulgence! St. Patrick’s Day is almost upon us and it means there is another opportunity to make some festive treats, thanks to this Irish chocolate cream cheesecake recipe. If you are fond of chocolate and like Irish cream, you will love this St. Patrick’s Day Dessert recipe. So, get out the spatulas, mixing bowls and all things baking, it’s time to go sweet.
St. Patrick’s Day Dessert: Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake
Total Time: Preparation 20 minutes + Cooking 1 hour 20 minutes + Chilling
Yields: one 9 inch springform pan
Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients:
1 and half cups chocolate cookie crumbs
1/3 cup powdered/confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
¼ cup butter
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 ¼ cups white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Half cup sour cream
¼ cup Irish cream liqueur
Chocolate Cheesecake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, mix together powdered sugar, cookie crumbs, and 1/3 cup cocoa. Add melted butter and mix well. Pat into the bottom of a nine-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes and set aside. Increase the oven temperature to 230 degrees Celsius (450 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, ¼ cup cocoa, white sugar, and all purpose flour. In a blender beat at a medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and mix well after each addition. Mix in the sour cream and Irish cream liqueur. Blend on low speed. Pour the filling over baked crust.
- Bake at 230 degrees Celsius (450 degrees F) for 8-10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 120 degrees Celsius (250 degrees F), and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan using a knife. Let it cool then remove the rim of the pan. Chill for few hours before serving.
Tip: If the cake cracks, dampen a spatula and smooth the top. Then sprinkle with some chocolate wafer crumbs.
Do you love Cheesecake Recipes?
Try these Oreo Cheesecake Bites recipe.
Perfect as St. Patrick’s Day Dessert, this rich, creamy cheesecake is nice to look at, wonderful to taste, and festive for the holiday. And you can even make it a day ahead!